NEXON Co., Ltd. ("NEXON", "we", "us") recognizes the importance of our responsibility to protect Personal Information (as defined below). We provide the following rules regarding the handling of Personal Information and comply with these rules.
(1) "Personal Information" is information pertaining to a living individual that can be used to uniquely identify a single individual with the name, birth date, or any other description contained in such information (including that which could be easily referenced with other information to uniquely identify a single individual).
(2) "NEXON Group" collectively refers to NEXON and its subsidiaries (including but not limited to NEXON Korea Corporation; collectively, “NEXON Subsidiaries”).
2. Purpose of use of Personal Information
We will use the Personal Information that we have collected for the following purposes:
(1) to verify user identification and provide NEXON Group's services;
(2) to settle payment and billing of usage fees of NEXON Group's services;
(3) to provide support for NEXON Group's services;
(4) to provide advertisement for NEXON Group's services;
(5) to conduct surveys regarding the usage of NEXON Group's services, prepare statistical data and perform analysis of such information;
(6) to conduct prize competitions, event campaigns, etc.;
(7) to send newsletters, notices and other communication via email; and
(8) for any other purpose as separately stipulated at the time such Personal Information is collected.
3. Security management measures
We will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent leakage, loss or damage of Personal Information and safely manage Personal Information. We will also strive to continually improve upon such measures.
4. Outsourcing of services
We will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision when outsourcing all or a part of handling of Personal Information, to ensure the safe management of Personal Information for which the handling is outsourced.
5. Provision to a third party
We will not provide your Personal Information to any third party except in the following instances:
(1) when you have given your consent;
(2) when it is required under laws and regulations;
(3) when it is necessary for the protection of human life, body or property and your consent is difficult to obtain;
(4) when it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health and promotion of sound upbringing of children and your consent is difficult to obtain; or
(5) when we are required to cooperate with the execution of a procedure prescribed under laws and regulations by a national public organization, a local public organization or an entity commissioned to undertake such procedure and obtaining your consent would interfere with such procedure.
6. Shared use
Where necessary for the provision of NEXON Group's services or holding prize contests, events, campaigns, etc. in connection with NEXON Group’s services, or providing advertisements, sending emails containing advertisements, sending newsletters, providing various announcements and sending emails in connection with services provided by NEXON Group (including any services expected to be provided going forward), your Personal Information, access log and other information you have entered at NEXON Group’s services may be shared and utilized between NEXON and NEXON Subsidiaries, as well as between NEXON and our business partners (assuming, but not limited to, game developers and operators, and companies that provide payment services to NEXON). In such cases, NEXON will be responsible for the management of such information.
7. Procedure for responding to disclosure requests, etc.
To request disclosure, correction, suspension of use of your Personal Information or to suspend the provision of your Personal Information to a third party, please contact "Personal Information Protection Office.
8. Revision of this Policy
We may revise this Policy without prior notice.
Established January 27, 2004
Revised February 1, 2006
Revised April 1, 2009
Revised April 27, 2011
Revised December 5, 2012
Revised June 3, 2015
Revised September 17, 2015
You may choose to set your browser setting regarding transmission of cookies to accept all cookies, deny all cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is tendered. Please go to your browser's HELP menu for information on how to modify your setting regarding cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to use services that require you to sign in or otherwise experience restrictions in your use of various services.
We use third party services with regards to surveys and ad delivery that utilize cookies and web beacons. When you visit a web page that utilizes cookies or web beacons, such third party will also acquire these cookies and web beacons. Information gathered through such cookies and web beacons is reported to us as aggregated data. These reports include aggregated visitors' demographics and traffic data but do not include any personally identifiable information.
About Google analytics report
We have adopted Google Analytics' reporting function for user attribute and interest category.
Google Analytics analyzes user activities and advertising effectiveness from Google's interest-based advertising data and our website's visitor data (e.g. age, sex, interests), and it is used to review the content of our advertisement.